34th World Armwrestling Championship
City - of São Vicente,
State - of São Paulo
Country - Brazil
Date of championship - 10th - 17th September 2012
The World Armwreslting Federation (WAF) would like to officially invite you as a WAF member country to attend the 34th World Armwrestling Championship which will be held in the city of Sao Vicente in the country of Brazil, September 9 to September 17, 2012
Our host for this year’s Championship is the Brazilian Armwrestling Federation in the name of Paulo Rogério Oliveira Sabioni . They are hard at work preparing to receive over 40 participating countries and 1500 competitors.
Teams are expected to make arrangements for receiving the VISA’s for each members of their team. Once your visa’s have been approved you need to contact the Brazilian organizing team to make transportation and hotel arrangements.
Yours in armwrestling
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Sunday, September 9, 2012
- All day - Team arrivals
Monday, September 10, 2012
- All day - Team arrivals
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
- 9:00 am to 1:00 pm - Team Registration
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm - Referee Seminar
- 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Continental Meetings
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
- 8:00 am to 6:00 pm - Country weigh-ins
- 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Congress Meeting
Thursday, September 13, 2012
- 9:00 am to 10:00 am - Opening Ceremonies
- Start of tournament: Disabled Left, Masters Left, Grand Master Left, Youth Left, Award Ceremonies
Friday, September 14, 2012
- 9:00 am – Start of tournament: Disabled Right, Master Right, Grand Master Right, Youth Right, Award Ceremonies
Saturday, September 15, 2012
- 9:00 am – Start of tournament: Senior Left open, Award Ceremonies, Doping Control
Sunday, September 16, 2012
- 9:00 am – Start of tournament: Senior Right open, Award Ceremonies, Doping Control, Closing Ceremonies
Monday, September 17, 2012
- All day – teams return home
LIST OF WEIGHT CLASS
Tournament Official Weight Classes
Youth Right & Left hand division - $20 u.s. per class per arm - Total 26 classes
(Your birthday must fall in 1993 and under to qualify as youth)
Girls - 45, kg, 50 kg, 55 kg, 60 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 70+ kg
Boys – 55 kg, 60 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 80 kg, 80+ kg,
Disable Right & Left hand division - $20 u.s. per class per arm - Total 28 classes
Girls - 50 kg, & 50+ kg
Boys – 50 kg, 65 kg, 80 kg, 80+ kg
Men – 60 kg, 75 kg, 90 kg, 90+ kg
Ladies – 60 kg, 70 kg, 80 kg, 80+ kg
Senior Grand Master Right & Left hand division - $0 cost, does not count for points - Total 8 classes
60 & over (Your birthday must fall in 1951 and over to qualify as a senior grand master)
Men – 75 kg, 90 kg, 100 kg, 100+ kg
Grand Master Right & Left hand division - $40 u.s. per class per arm - Total 8 classes
50 & 0ver (Your birthday must fall in 1961 and over to qualify as a grand master)
Men – 75 kg, 90 kg, 100 kg, 100+ kg
Master Right & Left hand division - $40 u.s. per class per arm - Total 18 classes
40 & over (Your birthday must fall in 1971 and over to qualify as master)
Men – 70 kg, 80 kg, 90 kg, 100 kg, 100+ kg
Ladies – 60 kg, 70 kg, 80 kg, 80+ kg
Senior Right & Left hand division - $40 u.s. per class per arm - Total 36 classes
Men- 55 kg, 60 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 75 kg, 80 kg, 85 kg, 90 kg, 100 kg, 110 kg, 110+ kg
Ladies – 50 kg, 55 kg, 60 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 80 kg, 80+ kg
TOTAL WAF APROVED CLASSES: 124
Team Trophies and Point distribution
Team trophies will be awarded for the following categories: 1) Youth 2) Disable 3) Master and Grand Master and 4) Senior
Team Point distribution are as follows: 1st – 10 points, 2nd -7 points, 3rd – 5 points, 4th – 4 points, 5th – 3 points, 6th – 2 points, 7th – 1 point = for a total of 32 points per class
Colônia de Férias dos Empregados - www.secom.org.br/colonia_ferias.php
Costs per person / per night
Single room - $200 u.s. per person/per day
Master Suite - $300 u.s. $150 per person/per day
Double Standard - $80 u.s. per person / per day
Triple - $70 u.s. per person/ per day
Quadruple room - $60 per person / per day
Sextuple room - $50 per person / per day
WAF has looked into the prices of the hotel rooms and compared them to other hotels in the region and we can say that the prices are very comparable. This hotel has many amineties and will include breakfast everyone morning. The Hosts have also added extra security for the comfort of all guests.
The Hosts will provide transportation from the Airport to the Hotel only if you use their Host Hotel. If you decide to book with another hotel your transportation will not be provided.
Transportation from Host Hotel to Armwrestling Venue will also be supplies by the Hosts.
Each person will be charged $20 u.s for transportation.
It is very important for you to book your transportation with the Hosts as early as possible to allow them to make the necessary arrangements.
PROTOCOL FOR TEAM REGISTRATION
Protocol 1 - Team Registration due date – Friday, August 31, 2012
Team Registration must be received by the General Secretary no later than Friday August 31, 2012 or your Country will be fined $50 u.s and you will be the last team to register and weigh-in.
You will be scheduled for weigh-ins on a first come first served basis
Protocol 2 – Changes made to registration form
- Counties are allowed to make 5 changes to the registration form
- All other changes will cost $20 us dollars per change
Protocol 3 – Team Registration Day – Tuesday, September 11, 2012
- Team registration will take place from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Teams not registered within these times will be subject to Executive review and vote on allowing team to participate at World Championship
- If Team is allowed to register a fine of $1000 u.s. or more (depending of number of offenses) will be charged
- No Team will be registered once tournament has started
Protocol 4 – Team Registration Day Procedures
- One person per country and their translator will be allowed to enter registration room
- The following items must be complete for each competitor or you will be asked to return when all is complete
Completed team registration form
Passport or photo ID for each competitor
$40 or $20 registration fee per arm per entry for each competitor
U.S. funds only will be accepted
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE PASSPORTS AND $$$$ YOU WILL BE ASKED TO RETURN WHEN THE FILE IS COMPLETE
WAF team will then
- Confirm time of weigh-in
- Photocopy each passport and return originals to you
- Make necessary changes and approve registration
- Collect individual registration fees and country fees
- Prepare official country receipt
PROTOCOL FOR TEAM WEIGH-IN
Team weigh-in – Wednesday, September 12, 2012
- You must arrive at your scheduled weigh-in time or wait until the last team has been weighed in before your team can weigh-in
- The team must weigh in together and as a complete team.
- English speaking Team Manager must be present during the full weigh-in time
- Only one team will be allowed in weigh-in room at a time. All other teams must wait in a separate waiting area
- Once a person is weighed-in they will then have their photo taken, once the photo is taken they most leave the weigh-in room immediately
- Team Managers must stay until all competitors have been weighed-in and all pictures have been taken
- Each team must come in to weigh-in in the following manner
Youth girls 45, 50, etc…
Youth boys 50, 55, etc…
Ladies 50, 55, etc…
Men’s 50, 55, etc…
Master, Grand Master
- If a competitor does not make weight they have until 6pm on day of weigh-in to make his/her weight
- A competitor only has two tries at the official scale, no exceptions will be made
- Official Event badges will be given to each Team Captain at the Congress Meeting
PROTOCOL OF DAYS OF TOURNAMENT
- A complete list of participants per category will be given to the Team Captain at the same time the Team Badges are distributed.
- Team Captains can come to the WAF change table from 9:00 am to 9:30 am each morning before the start of competition. No changes will be allowed after this time has passed.
- A list with the following days classes and participants will be given to the Team Captains at the end of every competition day, we will again have from 9:00 am to 9:30 am to bring any changes to the WAF change table.
- The results of the day will be given to each Team Captain by noon on the following day.
- Changes to badges will only be made after 12:00 (noon) on the first and second days only. No changes will be made on third and fourth days
PROTOCOL FOR APPLYING FOR VISA
World Armwreslting Federation (WAF)
The Confederação Brasileira de Luta de Braço e Halterofilismo (Armwrestling and Weightlifting Brazilian Confederation)
DATE: June 30, 2012
TO: WAF Executive, Country President’s & Team Managers
SUBJECT: New Protocol for Registrations to start at the 2012 World Championships in Brazil
As you all know the sport of armwrestling has been growing and we have experiencing tremendous success with new member countries and more and more competitors attending the World Championships every year.
With success and growth comes the need for more organization and strict protocols. WAF has risen to those challenges and has added great communications which include a total registration and weigh-in package with complete step by step details as well as sending monthly emails reminding countries to register, a fantastic computer and badge system and qualified staff.
But even with all this we have some countries that do not follow protocol; they come to registrations with incomplete packages (missing passports, missing money) come late or do not even come on the day of registration and just show up at weigh-ins.
This disrupts the system totally and does not give the staff the proper time and/or information to input in the computer properly and to have enough time to make the necessary reviews and double checks. Remember we are dealing with over 40 countries and 1200 to 1600 entries!
We have anywhere from 1 or 2 or 3 countries per year who do this and disrupt and disrespect all the competitors and country representative who have taken the time to register on time with a complete package. They also have total disrespect to the WAF Staff who end up staying up till 3 or 4 in the morning to get things done.
For these reasons we have decided to initiate a strict FINE POLICY with no exceptions. Every country must come to registration – on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 – between the hours of 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. They must bring the following information with them:
1. A passport or photocopy of the passport for each competitor on their team.
2. (Have the competitors scan and email a copy of their passport to you when they confirm their spot on the team)
3. The necessary fees for each entry on the registration form (in U.S. dollars)
4. The Country Annual Fee (in U.S. dollars)
If you do not comply too ALL 4 items listed above you will be fined as follows:
1. $1000 us dollars for the first offence
2. $2000 us dollars for the second offence
3. $3000 us dollars for the third offence and you will be brought to disciplinary committee for further sanctions.
These fines will need to be paid to WAF before the TEAM is allowed to compete. If the fine does not get paid before the start of the first day of competition the said Country pullers will be removed from the WAF database and will not be allowed to compete in that year’s Championship.
We apologize to the many countries that consistently follow protocol and who help make the success of the Championship possible but WAF needs to take a stand on this issue.
Yours in armwreslting
Director of Registration, Weigh-ins & Scorekeeping
Waf's general secretary